It's summer in Texas, no doubt about it. That means that the days of driving around with your windows down and leisurely dining on patios at lunch have been long gone. If you're lucky enough to own a home with a pool, then this is a good thing!
As a REALTOR in Texas, I LOVE showing homes with pools! I think that pools can often times help sell an otherwise average home. There's nothing like touring a home in the midst of a 100 degree day, after already viewing a few homes where you've worked up a nice litle sweat, and then you wander into the backyard to be greeted by the sound of a trickling water feature and Jimmy Buffet on the outdoor speakers. BOOM! The yard just sold the home.
What's ANNOYING though, is when you open up the back door to a GREAT outdoor paradise, but NONE of the features are being highlighted!
So, if you have a home for sale with an impressive backyard, please make SURE you absolutely do the following....otherwise you could be missing out on a potential buyer:
- Water Features - TURN THEM ON! The sound of a waterfall or trickling water wall is soothing and relaxing.
- Lighting - TURN THEM ON! If you've got some impressive fiber optic lights, then by all means SHOWCASE THEM!
- Pool - Make sure it's SPARKLING! Green pools are worse than no pools! Clean them out - leaves, bugs, toys - they don't belong when you're selling.
- Sound - Have some cool outdoor speakers? Make use of them and choose some quiet, relaxing music that is appropriate for the setting.
- Outdoor Kitchens and Grills - make sure they're clean, and maybe even set out some cold water bottles or lemonade. The MORE SENSES you can touch, the BETTER!
Bottom line - if you have it, use it! Turn it on! Show it off! And then you'll GET IT SOLD!